Topic: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Replies: 29   Last Post: Feb 7, 2013 5:59 PM

Bruno Luong

Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <keplqs$he2$1@speranza.aioe.org>...

> The killer w/ C's i/o functions is their complete inability to
> "understand" fix-width fields--it's simply absurd that one can't read
> the equivalent of a Fortran FORMAT(5I1) w/ a record of '101 1' and
> reliably get 1,0,1,0,1 returned in appropriate variables. In Matlab
> (and C) that's nearly impossible w/o special handling.

What's problem? The fixed format reading is just take the right column of the char matrix. OK you have to count the column, but that's really a big deal?

Writing with fixed-format with MATLAB is another matter (there is simply no easy way of doing it).

Bruno

Date Subject Author
1/31/13
Read Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
1/31/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/3/13
[...]
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Bruno Luong
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/5/13
[...]
2/7/13