Topic: Continous path on square grid
Replies: 15   Last Post: Feb 6, 2013 7:04 PM

The Last Danish Pastry

Re: Continous path on square grid

On Feb 5, 5:56 am, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:

> Assuming that that photo of the P(3,4) was yours,
> will you be posting it?

My program has found 286 examples of a P(5,8).

Start Sols
point
(0,0) 100
(1,0) 54
(1,1) 68
(2,0) 12
(2,1) 12
(2,2) 40
---
286

However, these solutions are not all essentially distinct, in
particular a path and its reversal are both counted. So I would guess
that there are about 100 essentially distinct solutions, probably
less.

Here is a picture of three paths...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lhc_logs/8446539821/in/photostream

Here are the coordinates of the 9 vertices of each path:

Solution "11,4"
0: ( 2 1)
1: ( 0 1)
2: ( 0 4)