Topic: Matrix is singular and is not supposed to be.
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 5, 2013 10:34 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Matrix is singular and is not supposed to be.

"Hugo " <hugolopessilva@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> There is a code from a similar problem that has already been published. I
> am just trying to adapt the code to my problem. It would be of great help
> if you could debug this code:

*snip about 475 lines of comments and code*

> After running the code, the result is:
>

>>> ori
> Warning: The value of local variables may have been changed to match the
> globals. Future versions of MATLAB will require that you declare
> a variable to be global before you use that variable.

>> In feeldof at 3
> In ori at 455
> Warning: The value of local variables may have been changed to match the
> globals. Future versions of MATLAB will require that you declare
> a variable to be global before you use that variable.

>> In feeldof at 3
> In ori at 455
> Warning: The value of local variables may have been changed to match the
> globals. Future versions of MATLAB will require that you declare
> a variable to be global before you use that variable.

>> In feeldof at 3
> In ori at 455

You should learn how to debug your own code. Teach a man to fish versus
teaching a man how to fish and all. The tools (specifically breakpoints) you
will need are described in this section of the documentation:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/debugging-code.html

> I would be glag if you could debug the code. This code is about obtaining
> deflection results by the Finite Element Method using a method called
> "Matrix Displacement method"

If during the course of your own debugging you have SPECIFIC questions
please ask those in the newsgroup.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com