Topic: Which naturals better?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Feb 8, 2013 3:49 AM

Virgil

Re: Which naturals better?

In article
<a80c3b0f-813f-4461-b4b0-545374f1040d@dp10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
JT <jonas.thornvall@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 Feb, 09:06, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <d3216116-2862-491e-a53a-fc52a2d74...@r8g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Sorry a single natural is a single entity or item with a certain
> > > magnitude, the numbers is counted in forming sets.

> > If one counts the members of sets to get natural numbers then counting
> > the members of the empty set shuld give us a natural too.
> > --

> Isn't it the members forming sets, without any member how can there be
> a set?

Given any two sets, one should have an intersection set whose mambers
are only those in both of the given sets, so what is the intersection
set for {1,3,5} and {2,4,6} if not an empty set?

> The set is just a placeholder for numbers, it is not a mathematical
> entity.

A set is a container for whatever one wished to put in it.

> Balls and buckets (bucket 1=6 balls) (bucket 2=3 balls) now i pour
> over the three balls to the bucket 2 and we have nine balls in bucket
> two. And you ask me what todo with the empty bucket?

Do you not believe a bucket can be empty?
--

Date Subject Author
2/4/13
Read Re: Which naturals better?
[...]
[...]