Topic: Which naturals better?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Feb 8, 2013 3:49 AM

JT

Re: Which naturals better?

On 6 Feb, 01:19, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <a80c3b0f-813f-4461-b4b0-545374f10...@dp10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 5 Feb, 09:06, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <d3216116-2862-491e-a53a-fc52a2d74...@r8g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,

> > > If one counts the members of sets to get natural numbers then counting
> > > the members of the empty set shuld give us a natural too.
> > > --

> > Isn't it the members forming sets, without any member how can there be
> > a set?

> Given any two sets, one should have an intersection set whose mambers
> are only those in both of the given sets, so what is the intersection
> set for {1,3,5} and {2,4,6} if not an empty set?
>

> > The set is just a placeholder for numbers, it is not a mathematical
> > entity.

> A set is a container for whatever one wished to put in it.
>

> > Balls and buckets (bucket 1=6 balls) (bucket 2=3 balls) now i pour
> > over the three balls to the bucket 2 and we have nine balls in bucket
> > two. And you ask me what todo with the empty bucket?

> Do you not believe a bucket can be empty?
> --

If i pour over balls from two buckets to a third, there is really no
need to keep count upon the two empty buckets. Example 3+6+9 now we
fill last bucket with the balls of the previous according to your
definition there still will be 0+0+9. It is just moronic.

Date Subject Author
2/4/13
Read Which naturals better?
JT
[...]
[...]