Topic: Which naturals better?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Feb 8, 2013 3:49 AM

JT

Re: Which naturals better?

On 6 Feb, 05:35, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> > > fractions not partition.

> >  To me each natural, including zero is a number of objects that can be
> > in a (finite) set.

> > In my world a set can be empty, so that in my world zero is a natural
> > number.

> > > You can not partition zero it do not have a
> > > range of a natural you can not count zero into the set. Natural
> > > numbers is just sets of arranging an amount of single naturals, they
> > > all have the same magnitude when you say 7 it is an identity for set
> > > (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) now you can say that is (7) but the seven have
> > > members. Each natural identity like 7 is a set of single=1 naturals
> > > with magnitude and zero do not belong to that set.

> > > If you empty the set of (7) by picking out a single item there is no
> > > object zero. And when you count in a single natural first natural
> > > entity is 1 second 2.

> > > There is a language gap here for me a natural is a single 1 and 7
> > > seven is a set of seven members with single ones. So what would like
> > > me to call the one that make up your naturals. I guess in math 7 is a
> > > natural, to me it is an identity used for (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) this set is
> > > countable. The set of (7) is based on the assumption of
> > > (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) i am not sure what mathematicians mean by an identity,
> > > but it seem to me like 7 incorporates the hidden assumption of
> > > 1+1+1+1+1+1+1 and thus all natural numbers except for 1 is identities.

> > In my world (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) is a list, but not a set.
>
> > In my world a list with the same thing appearing in it more than once,
> > like your (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) cannot ever be a set. And the set of elements
> > appearing in such a list is {1}.

> > In my world the sets {1,2} and {2,1} are the same but the lists (1,2)
> > and (2,1) are different.
> > --

> But it still doesn't have any magnitude, in my set your each member 1
> have a magnitude. Well i see now the brackets distinguish between sets
> and list, and i guess the list is ordered while the set is not. So i
> should have used the other type of brackets, but it really doesn't
> matter, because you see natural numbers as positions upon a
> numberline, while their really are sets formed of entities
> {1,1,1} {1,1,1,1} {1,1,1,1,1}where each 1 have a start and endpoint a
> magnitude. And zero does not qualify into these sets of naturals
> because it have no magnitude, and again for you the naturals are
> dotlike for me the they have enclosing fractions, basicly my set
> {1,1,1} is a cut or a sum of cuts anywhere upon your numberline
> example 2-> 5 or 3 -> 6 and so on. I do not beleive in the numberline
> it is just counted entities, but the basic distinction is that the 1's
> forming my set do have magnitudes since they are cuts. Now try cut out
> zero upon your numberline it has no magnitude, and that is why it do
> not qualify as a set forming a natural or even as a number.
> It is your empty buckets and they have no place in arethmetics.

A single 1 do have a magnitude because 1/3+2/3=1 so it can not be that
the 1 upon the numberline is just a point, it must have extension
range. If the natural one can be formed from fractions/cuts it also
have magnitude.

Date Subject Author
2/4/13
Read Which naturals better?
[...]
[...]