Topic: Mathematica and Lisp
Replies: 83   Last Post: Mar 5, 2013 10:12 PM

David Bailey

Re: Mathematica and Lisp

On 05/02/2013 08:06, Richard Fateman wrote:
> On 2/2/2013 11:52 PM, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:
> .

>>> http://www.wolfram.com/legal/agreements/wolfram-mathematica.html
>>>

>> RFJ has been posting this...

> Here is the quote, clipped from the mathematica (not wolfram alpha)
> legal agreement:
>
> WRI, and its agents, representatives, and independent contractors, shall
> not be obligated to provide or liable, under any circumstances, for
> providing information on or corrections to errors and/or omissions
> discovered at any time in the Product, whether or not they were aware of
> the errors and/or omissions. WRI does not recommend the use of the
> Product for applications in which errors and/or omissions could threaten
> life, injury, or significant loss. Some states do not allow the
> exclusion of implied warranties, so this may not apply to You. This
> warranty gives You specific legal rights, and You may also have other
> rights that vary from state to state. This Agreement is governed by the
> laws of the State of Illinois in the United States of America without
> effect to any choice of law provisions.

> see the middle of line 5.
>

> I believe the parser corresponds to the language of version 3.
> However, many of the peculiarities of the language are present in
> version 1.
>
> My comments stand on their own, and I think anyone reading them
> can make his or her own conclusions about their validity.

I just hope you never need any prescription medicine of any kind,
because if you do, you will find the box contains a list of possible
unpleasant side effects. These vary in severity, up to but not exceeding
death!

All that your quote demonstrates, is that we live in an absurdly
litigious culture!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

Date Subject Author
1/11/13
Read Mathematica and Lisp
amzoti
1/12/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/12/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/14/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/14/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/16/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/18/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/22/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/22/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/24/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/25/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/26/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Murray Eisenberg
1/26/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Murray Eisenberg
1/26/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
W. Craig Carter
1/16/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Murray Eisenberg
1/16/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/16/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/18/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Murray Eisenberg
1/31/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Noqsi
2/2/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Daniel Lichtblau
2/3/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/2/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/3/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
2/5/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/6/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
2/6/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/3/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Andrzej Kozlowski
2/5/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/6/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
2/8/13
Read Palette problem with Feynman slash notation
Dave Snead
2/5/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Bill Rowe