Topic: Which naturals better?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Feb 8, 2013 3:49 AM

Virgil

Re: Which naturals better?

In article
<3390c780-b750-4441-acd1-5ed297a8f05c@e18g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>,
JT <jonas.thornvall@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 Feb, 23:07, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <58f16111-7283-48c2-b534-6b90d398e...@z9g2000vbx.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > No that would be in your model when you divided a number with an empty
> > > bucket.

> > But in my arithmetic, as in most, one is prohibited from dividing by
> > zero, but not prohibited from having a zero.
> >
> > In standard arithmetic it turns out to be more useful to a have
> > divisions by zero prohibited but subtractions resulting in zero allowed.
> >
> > Among other things, there are places on my tax forms which require that
> > a number be subtracted from itself, resulting in zero.
> >
> > Are you sure that there are no such places on your tax forms?
> > --

> Why state the obvious an empty field have no value.

Because the IRS demands that one put a number on certain lines even if
that number is 0.

And the IRS that regards the emptiness of certain fields as criminal.

If you want to argue the matter, take it up with the IRS.
--

Date Subject Author
2/4/13
Read Re: Which naturals better?
[...]
[...]