Topic: How do I pass a value to a function called by ode45?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 7, 2013 10:42 PM

Christopher Creutzig

Re: How do I pass a value to a function called by ode45?

On 05.02.13 23:17, Jeff wrote:

> I was able to make my sample work by adding a third parameter to the declaration of f and then using this call:
> [t_steps,s1]=ode45(@(t,y) f(t,y,beta), t_steps, s0, options);
>
> But I can't say I understand what it's doing. And I note that t and y are not given values anywhere before the @(t,y) part of that command. But the correct values are being passed into the function (at least the first time) and I'm getting the results I expect.

It defines an anonymous function that takes two values, named t and y
inside this function, and then calls f(t,y,beta). A very useful idiom.

HTH,
Christopher