Topic: A natural theory proving Con(ZFC)
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 11, 2013 12:25 PM

Frederick Williams

Re: A natural theory proving Con(ZFC)

Zuhair wrote:

> I see the following theory a natural one that proves the consistency
> of ZFC.
>
> Language: FOL(=,in)

How do you express Con(ZFC) in that language? I know one can encode it
using names of sets rather as one can encode Con(PA) using numerals, but
isn't it rather hard work and is your claim justified without at least
an outline?