Topic: Pull out specific numbers from unstructured text file
Replies: 13   Last Post: Aug 8, 2014 6:51 AM

dpb

Re: Pull out specific numbers from unstructured text file

On 2/9/2013 11:12 AM, Stan wrote:
> ^^^Could the above problem be because I need to open and close a file
> repeatedly?...

No.

It's as I explained previously--the fscanf() only processes as much as
needed to satisfy the format string. You have to get each record
(including blank ones) fully to progress from one to the next.

Work thru at the command line and examine the results and it should
become clear what happens (and thereby what is needed to fix it). This
should be a learning experience here, too... :)