Topic: sqrt(x) without approximation?
Replies: 16   Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 11:47 AM

JT

Re: sqrt(x) without approximation?

On 10 Feb, 02:22, Wally W. <ww8...@aim.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 02:40:56 -0800 (PST), JT wrote:
> >Is there always such a base for any N that we can write sqrt(N)
> >without approximation? Would it matter if we use NyaN or standard
> >bases.

> What is NyaN?

It is a concept of new naturals working in anybase(Nya N swedish), it
is written out without zeros.
BASE 3 BELOW
Dec = NyaNTern=StandardTern
1 =1 01
2 =2 02
3 =3 10
4 =11 3+1 11
5 =12 3+2 12
6 =13 3+3 20
7 =21 6+1 21
8 =22 6+2 22
9 =23 6+3 100
10 =31 9+1 101
11 =32 9+2 102
12 =33 9+3 110
13 =111 9+3+1 111
14 =112 9+3+2 112
15 =113 9+3+3 120
16 =121 9+6+1 121
17 =122 9+6+2 122
18 =123 9+6+3 200
19 =131 9+9+1 201
20 =132 9+9+2 202
21 =133 9+9+3 210

Below ternary fractions in NyaN
Paragraphs for empty preceding
entrys to keep track of multiple * bas (Ternary=1,3,9,27,81....)

Fractions = NyaN ternary fraction
1/3 = .1
2/3 = .2
1/9 = .(1)1