Topic: meforce
Replies: 36   Last Post: Mar 13, 2013 1:28 PM

mahipal7638@gmail.com

Re: To see me always changes

On Feb 9, 6:04 pm, "Tom Potter" <tdp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Mahipal" <mahipal7...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >On Feb 9, 2:48 pm, Frederick Williams <freddywilli...@btinternet.com>
> >wrote:

> >> Or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing_Hands.
>
> >You Fred are both kind and brave just to interact on this silly
> >thread. Watch your back...

> >I love M.C. Escher! Studied closely the Douglas Hofstadter GEB book
> >over the years as well. Still, my aim is targeted at you -- any you --
> >focusing on the inside of your hands. Your palms.

> >The recursion TV theme I have had in mind is of Comedian Philosopher
> >Steve Martin on Saturday Night Live pointing at himself and exclaiming
> >"There's me watching me watching me watching me..."

> >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Spheres_II
>
> >In http://mahipal7638.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/tauntedpoet.pdfI
> >capture my animated respect of Escher.

> >> --
> >> When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by
> >> this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
> >> Jonathan Swift: Thoughts on Various Subjects, Moral and Diverting

> >Nice quote that.
>
> You make a great point
> with your comment above, your previous comment:

I try. Thanks Tom.

> "As an experiment, of the observational scientific kind, take a close
> and deep look at the palms of both your hands. Draw what you see, or
> take a photograph with your very own smartestphone. Take an image of
> you making an image of you making your own image... recursively on and
> on...
>
> Yes, I realize I am talking mostly to myself. Across four discussion
> groups no less. It's called broadcasting and I am, dare I state it,
> the finest audience, a proud spirited representative of the fertile
> open human mind. I myself will return one day to read what is written."
>
> and your reference to Escher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_with_Reflecting_Sphere is the
better palm referencing image to contemplate per Blake's words.

> We are all our "finest audience".
> and are locked in recursive loops that have a past origin.
>
> As can be seen by the drive to create and maintain photos, videos,
> writings, data, artifact like trophies, awards and such,
>
> rather than march boldly into the unknown future,
> we are hardwired to freeze our minds at some point in the past.
>
> It would be interesting if psychologists
> did research about the ages that people tend
> to recursive about.

Throw in "Green" and "Climate Change" then the psychologists will get
a healthier grant to study by.

> I dare say that recursive age of
> athletes, "beautiful gals", successful business and business people,
> paranoiac, bipolar people, farmers, herders, etc.
> tend to peak about certain ages.

Yes, we are bombarded by these youthful promising images of models at
such a high rate. The peak age is either 17 or 19, depending on sex.

> When I was a sales engineer
> and visited many people in their offices,
> it was interesting and **useful**
> to see what they "recursed" about
> as evidenced by the things they displayed in their offices.

Life's little momentos. Sorry, not feeling very talkative just now.
Caught up with old friends, at a birthday party, last night and they
were all concerned over the drastic changes the course of my life has
unexpectedly taken. I talked a mouthful! Likely won't get invited
again any time soon for going on and on and on...

> I suspect that the best mental attitude would be:
> "It's been great so far, but the best is yet to come."
>
> "To see me always changes." ( In  pursuit of the best.)

That thought is discovered rather than invented or created.

> Maybe people should be conditioned to this
> by families, religions, education and governments??

Tom, as you know, I've been trying hard to share my work, can't even
give it away -- the needless resistance is palpable. Yet at every
turn, people keep projecting how physics is great... poetry is
great... ideas are what we live for... blah blah blah... then you
actually show them something and their silence drowns the
conversation. New ideas are great as long as they are not someone
else's, basically. Rarely, an alert human does rise out from the
abyss.

> Individuals tend to recurse on some point in their past,
>
> religions focus on
> "The past may have been good or bad, but best is yet to come."
>
> whereas governments and the military tries to get people to focus on
> what is NOW important to the leaders.
>
> Perhaps the "tenses" provide a good starting point for philosophers and
> planners.
>
> http://individual.utoronto.ca/ajhicks/grammar_chart_3.jpg

Language something Something SOMETHING...

> --
> Tom Potter http://tom-potter.tel https://tdp1001.jux.com http://warp-to.us http://the-cloud-machine.tk

Enjo(y)...
--