Topic: How to recover floating document view in R2012b editor?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 5:03 AM

Warwick

Re: How to recover floating document view in R2012b editor?

"George" wrote in message <k6md3s$qj9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Scott Hirsch" <shirsch.nospam@mathworks.com> wrote in message <k63kh4$4cj$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > The capability for floating windows in the editor was removed in R2012b. Could you say more about why you find this to be the only usable way to manage windows in the editor?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > - scott

> I also have always worked using cascaded windows in the editor, and find that it works best for my productivity. I would really like to see that feature returned.
>
> Thank you.

I too have always worked with cascaded floating script files in the editor window. I've been using 2012b for a while and my saved editor session always came up that way and I just kept using them like that. SO I had no idea that floating windows was no longer a set option. Somehow this morning I hit some button which retiled everything and I haven't been able to get back. It is so annoying that I've spent an hour or so going in circles and getting nowhere.
thank you