Topic: undirected graph
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 13, 2013 11:47 AM

Steven Lord

Re: undirected graph

"Toan Cao" <toancv3010@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a question relating to 3D point cloud. I hope you can help me get
> answer.
> Given an 3D point cloud (i obtained it by uniform sampling from a big
> point cloud), I would like to make an undirected graph consisting of nodes
> as the 3D points, edges as links between two adjacent nodes.
> What are steps that i need to follow to implement this graph? Or are there
> any algorithms for this problem ? Is there any available code that will
> be shared?

How do YOU define adjacency between points in a cloud of random data? For
example, in a 2-dimensional case which cities in the list of the top 285
most populous cities in the US would you call adjacent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com