Topic: Matheology § 214
Replies: 19   Last Post: Feb 11, 2013 4:56 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 214

On 11 Feb., 09:53, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:
> On 2/11/2013 2:39 AM, WM wrote:

> >> What would be the consequence of that invariance?
>
> >> Every potentially infinite set already exists.
>
> > Who said so?
> > I said if existing, then finite or pot infinite.

> You said "A is B". Not "if A, then B"

An existing set is finite or pot infinity. "set" is an object,
"finite" is a property.
My wife is beautiful.
Not every person with the property being beautiful is my wife.

> > Now you return if pot infinite then existing.
> > Logic?
> > Try to understand: A ==> B does not imply B ==> A.
> > Then you may go on to learn logic step by step, but not before
> > understanding this (small step for mankind, but obviously big step for
> > you).

> >> Thus, potential infinity is immanent infinity.
>
> > No.
>
> >> This is Cantor's argument.
>
> > Yes he made the same step. And his followers gladly accepted it. He
> > exchanged quantifyers on his "extended integers":
> > "For every integer n, there exists integer m: m >= n"
> > "There exists integer m, such that for every integer n: m >= n."

> Now that I have figured out what mathematics you
> are invoking, I can answer your assertions concerning
> "exchange of quantifiers".

Better refrain from that attempt until you will have understood how to
distinguish (in k=1 steps) between a noun and an adjective and its
logical relations.

Regards, WM