Topic: Wikipedia and fractions in other base then decimal
Replies: 16   Last Post: Feb 11, 2013 9:43 PM

Virgil

Re: Wikipedia and fractions in other base then decimal

In article
<e2712486-4e94-4ec5-8e7a-38d804926b16@dp10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
JT <jonas.thornvall@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 Feb, 23:17, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <6cb6128e-e235-4345-9aaf-6fb6dd6ba...@g8g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >http://www.anybase.co.nf/
> >
> > If that says otherwise, it is wrong!
> > --

> No my algorithm write bases in finite way, the correct way to write
> numbers in bases, and it is generic work for any base. How the
> multiples really work is easy for anyone with a brain to understand,
> but first one have to understand what a fraction and a whole number
> is. And neither exist upon your numberline.

You have never even seen my numberline, which contains all infinitely
many of both.

And in standard place value notation, in which each place has place
value of 1/base times the one to its left, your goop is gunk.