Topic: matlab version and "for" loops
Replies: 15   Last Post: Feb 13, 2013 4:53 PM

Candace

Re: matlab version and "for" loops

"Jessica " <jly5@duke.edu> wrote in message <ke3bjs$b6t$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <ke2bbi$98i$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> > On 1/26/2013 4:50 PM, Jessica wrote:
> > > "Jessica " <jly5@duke.edu> wrote in message
> > > <kdmql8$n4i$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > > And, one other question. If I want to do the same as above except delete
> > > based on numbers, how would I do that? If I do:
> > >
> > > delete_b = GazeType(GazeType>10)
> > >
> > > it only lists the numbers that are greater than 10 and I therefore
> > > cannot delete those rows.

> > Generalize the rule Bruno illustrated--
> >
> > GazeType(GazeType>10)=[];
> >
> > --
> >

> Unfortunately, this won't quite work because I am trying to delete rows within larger data sets:
>

> First, I isolate the column I am interested in:
>
> RemoveColumn3=Total4(:, 11);
>
> Then I wanted to generate a variable (just like I did above when the value was a string), that indicates the rows to be deleted (which are greater than 10).
>
> And then, delete those specific rows within 2 datasets:
> Total4(delete) = []
> Target4(delete) = []

I am having some trouble generalizing this logical method. Specifically, I am reading in a .csv file and trying to delete "Rows" that have even numbers:

Dataset=importdata('02-05-13_No11_WithHeaders.csv');
FinalDataSet=Dataset.data;
FinalDataSet2=Dataset.data;
Row=Dataset.data(:,5);
tf=bitget(abs(Row),1)~=0;
FinalDataSet2(tf)=[];

However, "FinalDataSet2" is originally sized as 81539x6. When I delete the "tf" values, it turns into a variable that is sized as 1x448465.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing incorrectly here?
Thanks!