Topic: Merge line segments
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 12, 2013 11:07 AM

Peter Bone

Re: Merge line segments

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <kfbaad$sur$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Peter Bone" <peterbone@hotmail.com> wrote in message <kfb6hv$dqb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >
> > Thanks. That's a nice method for minimising code and works fine, but it's around 6 times slower than mine on average.

> Next suggestion:
> If you have a bunch of quadri-points to be processed, then vectorize your code rather than calling the function sequentially.
>
> Bruno

Thanks, but I don't think that's possible. They have to be processed sequentially because the next line segment to be processed could merge with a line segment that has been previously merged.

I was hoping for something more algorithmic because I will be coding this in C++ eventually anyway. I was perhaps thinking there could be something more efficient by not having to compute the square distance between each each pair of points. Perhaps that isn't possible.