Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<98f52195-bbf5-4418-9517-f6aab2273f12@fn10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 12 Feb., 09:34, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 12, 9:22 am, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> >

> > > On 11 Feb., 22:47, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:> You do
> > > not see a contradiction in concluding

> > > Why do you distract the attention of the reader?
> > > Of course I see a contradiction.

> > And unless you retract one or the other side,
> > you will continue to assert a contradiction.

> Why are you lying?

WH is telling it like it is though WM cannot see it!

> You know that I would be asserting a contradiction if and only if the
> premise was correct.

How can he "know" what is not so?
Tell us how YOU do it, WM.

> Premise: The infinite sequence d can be somewhere.
> Conclusion: The infinite sequence d is in the list and is not in the
> list.

Only in Wolkenmuekenheim. Outside Wolkenmuekenheim an infinite sequence
of digits is NOT a member of any list of only finite sequences of digits.

at least unless Wm is imagining those infinitely many finite sequnces to
be concatenated, and even then most infinite lists will not be included
anywhere within any such concatenation.

> Every mathematician with some basic eduction in logic would know what
> to conclude.

And will conclude that WM is wrong!

> And I am sure, you also know it. Therefore I accuse you
> of lying, namely saying the untruth when knowíng the truth.

The thing is that your "truth" is only valid in a dark place than none
of us has the power to enter, and you apparently do not have the power
to come out of that place into the light.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13
Read Matheology § 222 Back to the roots