Topic: undirected graph
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 13, 2013 11:47 AM

Toan Cao

Re: undirected graph

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kf9r2i$6ps$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Toan Cao" <toancv3010@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have a question relating to 3D point cloud. I hope you can help me get
> > answer.
> > Given an 3D point cloud (i obtained it by uniform sampling from a big
> > point cloud), I would like to make an undirected graph consisting of nodes
> > as the 3D points, edges as links between two adjacent nodes.
> > What are steps that i need to follow to implement this graph? Or are there
> > any algorithms for this problem ? Is there any available code that will
> > be shared?

> How do YOU define adjacency between points in a cloud of random data? For
> example, in a 2-dimensional case which cities in the list of the top 285
> most populous cities in the US would you call adjacent?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Thanks for your reply, Steve Lord

In my case, I define two 3D points as adjacent points if distance between two these points is less than a threshold which I define by myself.
Do you have any idea for my case ? Thanks in advance.