Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 13 Feb., 19:00, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 8:54 am, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
>

> > On 12 Feb., 20:40, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Your first claim is that there is a line l such that
> > > d and l are equal as potentially infinite sequences.

> > For every n this is true.
>
> Your other claim is that there is no line
> l such that d and l are equal as potentially infinite
> sequences.
>
> Do you deny you have claimed this?

No, of course not! Why should I do so?
You cannot discern that two potentially infinity sequences are equal.
When will you understand that such a result requires completeness? But
potentially infinite sequences are not complete. You can only *for
every n* determine whether identity is true.

*And that is true in the list!* For every n there is a FIS of d and a
line l such that both are identical. This follows from the undisputed
fact that the diagonal cannot stretch farther than any line.

Here is no complete list, no complete diagonal and no line containing
a complete diagonal.

1
12
123

But for every n the FIS(n) of d is in line(n).
That is all we can know about infinite lists.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/7/13
Read Matheology § 222 Back to the roots