Topic: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 18, 2013 11:34 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered

Joe Niederberger posted Feb 14, 2013 8:20 AM:

> GS Chandy wriets

> >may not be possible to answer in any meaningful way.
>
> If you had said "reliably accurate" I could agree.
> Meaningfulness is something else.

You're correct. Wrong word that, "meaningful" -- (it was, in fact, meaningless in that context!!)

> But, look at the graph here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_known_prime_numbe
>
> Under some (perhaps unreliable) assumptions one may
> entertain the not unreasonable thought the trajectory
> shown here may persist for some time to come. Should
> the human race begin to falter before the forces
> maintaining the present trajectory are altered, then,
> it may be possible to even come close with an
> estimate! Of course, you wouldn't be able to check
> the answer ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

Fascinating! (Though I must confess the thinking about this is making my head spin).

Thanks,

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author
2/11/13
Read Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Jerry P. Becker
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Clyde Greeno
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/14/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/14/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Louis Talman
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Louis Talman
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/18/13