Topic: Hello - Newbie help!
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 14, 2013 2:27 PM

dpb

Re: Hello - Newbie help!

On 2/14/2013 1:14 PM, Ishaak wrote:

> In this case I have 6 12 sets of data per subject - 2 types of treatment
> with 3 readings taken before and 3 readings taken after.
>
> The data sets 5000x1 (double) i.e emg against time whilst sampling at
> 1000hz.
>
> what I am trying to do now that I have the individual sets of data for
> both pre and post treatment is to average these.
> i.e average all the data taken before into a 5000x1 (double) data set
> and then the same for the data taken after - thereby reducing the data
> sets from 6 to 2 or 12 to 4.
>
> I am unsure as to whether or not I have provided enough information...

Well, what's missing is the form in which you have the data--what you
need to do is to bring the pre- and post-treatment data sets into memory
at the same time and then simply average them.

Specifically how will be dependent on what we don't know--where's the
data coming from and how it's formatted, etc., ...