Topic: Delete plot
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 10:31 AM

dpb

Re: Delete plot

On 2/14/2013 10:54 AM, Keith Azzopardi wrote:
> I have a GUI application where I need to display several pcolor plots. I
> have one graph area and using a scroll bar to display the next plot. For
> each pcolor plot, I am also displaying a quiver plot which can be
> disabled via a radio button. However, the following error occurs:
>
> Error using delete
> Invalid or deleted object.
>
> Snippet:
> windDirStatus = get(hObject,'Value');
> axes(handles.graph);
>
> if (windDirStatus) windDirection = quiver
> (xaxis,yaxis,windUplot,windVplot);
> hold on;
> else
> % set(windDirection,'Visible','off');
> delete(windDirection);
> end
>
> Can somebody help me with this issue please?

Well, not from the above alone...the error indicates that you've got a
sequencing problem, perhaps in that the handle you are trying to delete
has already been deleted--or, possibly the windDirStatus value isn't .T.
so that the if clause that creates the quiver isn't occurring.

You don't provide enough context to know what hObject is actually
pointing to nor anything at all about the overall sequence so other than
the obvious that the handle you're trying to delete isn't valid at the
time of the call, there's not much that can be said definitively as to why.