Topic: Delete plot
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 10:31 AM

Yuri Geshelin

Re: Delete plot

"Keith Azzopardi" <keithazzopardi@hotmail.com> wrote in message <kfj4re$7ve$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I have a GUI application where I need to display several pcolor plots. I have one graph area and using a scroll bar to display the next plot. For each pcolor plot, I am also displaying a quiver plot which can be disabled via a radio button. However, the following error occurs:
>
> Error using delete
> Invalid or deleted object.
>
> Snippet:
> windDirStatus = get(hObject,'Value');
> axes(handles.graph);
>
> if (windDirStatus)
> windDirection = quiver (xaxis,yaxis,windUplot,windVplot);
> hold on;
> else
> % set(windDirection,'Visible','off');
> delete(windDirection);
>
> end
>

> Can somebody help me with this issue please?

As dpb pointed out, you didn't provide enough information to help you, but try the following. Instead of deleting and re-creating the vector plot, toggle its 'visible' property between ON and OFF. In any case, this seems to be a better strategy, because it will work faster (I think).