Topic: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 18, 2013 11:34 AM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered

I have always liked the two "theorems":

Th 1: There is no largest prime.
Th 2: The largest prime is Mersenne.

Wayne

At 06:50 PM 2/13/2013, Joe Niederberger wrote:
>GS Chandy wriets
> >may not be possible to answer in any meaningful way.
>
>If you had said "reliably accurate" I could agree.
>Meaningfulness is something else.
>
>But, look at the graph here:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_known_prime_number
>
>Under some (perhaps unreliable) assumptions one may entertain the
>not unreasonable thought the trajectory shown here may persist for
>some time to come. Should the human race begin to falter before the
>forces maintaining the present trajectory are altered, then, it may
>be possible to even come close with an estimate! Of course, you
>wouldn't be able to check the answer ;-)
>
>Cheers,
>Joe N

Date Subject Author
2/11/13
Read Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Jerry P. Becker
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Clyde Greeno
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/14/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/14/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Louis Talman
2/15/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Louis Talman
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/18/13