Topic: Delete plot
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 10:31 AM

dpb

Re: Delete plot

On 2/15/2013 5:59 AM, Keith Azzopardi wrote:

...[top posting repaired--don't: hard follow conversation makes]...

> "Yuri Geshelin" wrote in message <kfjgkb$ntc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> "Keith Azzopardi" <keithazzopardi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> <kfj4re$7ve$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>> > I have a GUI application where I need to display several pcolor
>> plots. I have one graph area and using a scroll bar to display the
>> next plot. For each pcolor plot, I am also displaying a quiver plot
>> which can be disabled via a radio button. However, the following error
>> occurs:

>> > Invalid or deleted object.
>> > windDirStatus = get(hObject,'Value');
>> > axes(handles.graph);

>> (xaxis,yaxis,windUplot,windVplot);
>> > hold on;
>> > else
>> > % set(windDirection,'Visible','off');
>> > delete(windDirection);

>> As dpb pointed out, you didn't provide enough information to help you,
>> but try the following. Instead of deleting and re-creating the vector
>> plot, toggle its 'visible' property between ON and OFF. In any case,
>> this seems to be a better strategy, because it will work faster (I
>> think).

> Yuri, I tried setting the visibility to false, however the same
> error occurs.

Of course--if the handle is invalid, it's invalid for whatever
reason/purpose you try to make of it...

> further details
> the snippet is in the radio button call back function, thus the
> hObject is a handle to the radio button.

I don't write guis, but from the doc's for a radiobutton I find the
following--

> If the radio button is selected, its Value property is equal to its
> Max property. If the radio button is not selected, it is equal to its
> Min property.

I don't know what the Min/Max properties are, but I'm guessing your if()
test isn't being satisfied as S Lionel suggested.

The example code snippet in the doc uses a test written as

if (get(hObject,'Value') == get(hObject,'Max'))
% Radio button is selected, take appropriate action
else
% Radio button is not selected, take appropriate action
end