Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<fc951903-96d1-42bf-a9be-bbeffb9448f5@w7g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
William Hughes <wpihughes@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So we note that it makes perfect sense to ask
> > > if potentially infinite sequences x and y are equal,

> > and to answer that they can be equal if they are actually infinite.
> > But this answer does not make sense.
> > You cannot prove equality without having an end, a q.e.d..

> A very strange statement. Anyway there is no reason to
> claim equality. Let us define the term coFIS
>
> Two potentially infinite sequences x and y are said to be
> coFIS iff for every natural number n, the
> nth FIS of x is equal to the nth FIS of y.
>
> We note that it makes perfect sense to ask
> if potentially infinite sequences x and y are coFIS,
> we have cases where they are not coFIS and cases
> where they are coFIS.. We also note that no
> concept of completed is needed, so coFIS can
> be demonstrated by induction. In particular, you
> do not need a last element to prove that x and y
> are coFIS.
>
> So WMs statements are
>
> there is a line l such that d and l
> are coFIS
>
> there is no line l such that d and l
> are coFIS

Of course, everywhere outside of Wolkenmuekenheim, lines being coFIS
would be equal, but Wolkenmuekenheim is such a weird place that only WM,
its creator, can speak for what goes on in it.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13
Read Matheology § 222 Back to the roots