Topic: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 18, 2013 11:34 AM

Louis Talman

Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:47:15 -0700, Joe Niederberger
<niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> Lou Talman says:
>> The size of the device isn't the limiting factor. It's estimated that
>> there are roughly 10^82 particles in the universe, so finding enough
>> hydrogen atoms will be a problem...

> You are of course correct. After I estimated the size I immediately
> suspected what you say here, without even knowing an estimate for
> #hydrogen particles. So much for
> the hydrogen economy :-(
>
> The optimistic response, though, is OK, how many universes do we need?
> (I hear there's PLENTY to go around.)

Yeah, but are you gonna use the H atoms you find in them, or are you gonna
use the universes themselves?

May make a difference in your size estimate... :D

- --
- --Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>

Date Subject Author
2/11/13
Read Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Jerry P. Becker
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/12/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Clyde Greeno
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/13/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/14/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/15/13
[...]
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Louis Talman
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/16/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Joe Niederberger
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
GS Chandy
2/17/13
Read Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Wayne Bishop
2/18/13