Topic: Symbolic expressions
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 20, 2013 9:26 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Symbolic expressions

"Shishir Jaiswal" <shishirjaiswal_18@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I need to define a positive symbolic expression say 'n'.
> I am using 'sym' or 'syms' (for multiple symbols). In one machine (PC) it
> is working fine but in another following error is coming:
> ?? Undefined function or method 'sym' for input arguments of type 'char'.
> what may be the reason? i am using same version in both the systems.
> Is there any other way of defining math symbols?

Both SYM and SYMS are functions from Symbolic Math Toolbox.

On the first machine, you have this toolbox installed. On the second
machine, you do not. You can confirm this by looking at the output of the
VER function.

Steve Lord