Topic: Symbolic expressions
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 20, 2013 9:26 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Symbolic expressions

"Shishir Jaiswal" <shishirjaiswal_18@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I need to define a positive symbolic expression say 'n'.
> I am using 'sym' or 'syms' (for multiple symbols). In one machine (PC) it
> is working fine but in another following error is coming:
>
> ?? Undefined function or method 'sym' for input arguments of type 'char'.
>
> what may be the reason? i am using same version in both the systems.
> Is there any other way of defining math symbols?

Both SYM and SYMS are functions from Symbolic Math Toolbox.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/symbolic/sym.html

On the first machine, you have this toolbox installed. On the second
machine, you do not. You can confirm this by looking at the output of the
VER function.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com