Topic: Averaging images
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 18, 2013 11:14 AM

Curious

Re: Averaging images

"Sr VK" wrote in message <kft563$qd2$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I have nearly 2000 images in a folder. Here is what I need to do,
>
> Average images 1 through 5; Store the output
> Average images 6 through 10; store the output
> Average images 11 through 15; store the output
> .
> .
> .
>
> and continue in the same fashion for all the 2000 images,
> Please give me an idea as to how I could proceed with this without saturating the memory.
> I prefer using the function 'imlincomb' to average the images.
>
> Thank you,
> Best,
> Srikanth.

How are the files named?

You may want to take a look at the MATLAB FAQ:

<<http://matlab.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_process_a_sequence_of_files.3F>>

The above link should answer most of your questions.

Date Subject Author
2/18/13
Read Averaging images
Sr VK