Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 20, 2013 3:13 PM

Alan Smaill

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

> On 19 Feb., 11:03, Alan Smaill <sma...@SPAMinf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> Do you think that the square root of 2 is rational?
>
> No, but I know that it has no decimal or binary representation.

So, how do you know it's not rational, then?
Is there "no doubt", as you describe the conclusion of an argument
using induction over the natural numbers?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

--
Alan Smaill