Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 19 Feb., 23:35, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <e2bd4578-58a9-4d14-9544-4e3e96055...@z9g2000vbx.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > On 19 Feb., 03:19, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>
> > > so that there is no n for which FIS_n(L) = FIS_n(d).
>
> > I do not argue with FISs of the list, but with FISs of lines.
>
> > > And with an antidiagonal, things are even worse for WM.
>
> > Not in the special list
>
> > 0.0
> > 0.1
> > 0.11
> > 0.111

>  In any list, L,  in which FIS_n(L) is not a subset of FIS_(n+1)(L),
> there need not be a :diagonal: but there is still an anti-diagonal.
>
> For your special list above, A = 1.00000... works quite nicely as an
> antidiagonal, since no FIS of A is a line of your special list.

But 0.111... also works according to Cantor. If, however, 0.111... is
nothing but all its FISs, then there is nothing of 0.111... missing in
the list.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/7/13