Topic: PSD of AWGN
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 20, 2013 1:18 PM

dbd

Re: PSD of AWGN

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:41:06 AM UTC-8, Bai wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I cant get the psd (a flat response) for the awgn that I have generated. My codes are as follows. I need some help. Thanks,

Discrete(sampled) awgn has a flat expectation value (average over an infinite number of independent instances) and when unaveraged, has a variance equal to the expectation value. The variance can be reduced by averaging to obtain a better measure of the flatness.

Dale B. Dalrymple