Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 20, 2013 3:13 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<374eee06-b5b5-4399-b1ab-472a93953fec@f6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 19 Feb., 23:28, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:

> > > Because every rational number has a representation in a finite base.

> > > No there is no induction required but the simple proof by
> > > contradiction.
> > > Assume sqrt2 = m/n with m,n coprime. You can find it in many places of
> > > the internet, for instance in chapter 3 of my Geschichte des
> > > Unendlichen.

> > Humor us.
> >
> > Show us for surd(5).
> >
> > The proof for surd(2) is special because it uses odds and evens.-

> And you think that the fundamental theorem of number theory makes a
> difference between prime factor 2 and others, say 3 or 5 or 7?

Does WM claim that anything proof valid for 2 must also be valid for 3
or 5 or other primes? How about the proof that 2 is even, does that
proof make all primes even?