Topic: What is Art?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 21, 2013 5:08 PM

BJACOBY@teranews.com

Re: What is Art?

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 05:43:14 +1100, DonH wrote:

> "Kevin" <barry196263@yahoo.com> wrote in message

<snip "Kevin's" usual insane blather>

> # Art is skill, and an artisan is someone skilled in some trade or
> ability.
> Painting of portraits or landscapes was the only means (except
> sculpture)
> of preserving a likeness, prior to advent of photography. Then came
> Modern Art, where the only art involved is of the artful trying to con
> suckers out of their money. Rock music and Free Verse do similar con
> jobs.
> Is the Mona Lisa a good painting? You'd have to compare it with the
> human it purports to represent to find out. How close is the likeness?

So now we not only have "kevin" who is raving insane, but you who's
understanding of art is at a level less than the most primitive of
savages. In other words an "educated ignoramus willful ignorance" of a
subject he's been trained to ignore.

Just because your understanding of art is totally lacking that does not
imply that nobody else has any understanding either. It only implies that
you have no idea what you are talking about.

Think about this one, "Don": The thing that makes photography art has
nothing to do with how "accurately" it presents a representation as your
eye would see it.

And Don, please don't feed the insane trolls.

Posting to the internet does NOT cure mental illness.