Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 20 Feb., 17:44, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 5:29 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > <snip>

> > > No, for each line of L you only need some
> > > of the FISs.  For every line you need every
> > > not all.

> > Then you have a statement for finitely many lines and none for
> > infinitely many lines.

> > > <snip>

> > > Is the following statement true
>
> > > For every natural number n we have
>
> > >     the (n+1)st FIS of the nth line
> > >     of L contains a 0.

> > Of course.
>
> Is the statement
>
> For every natural number n we have
>     the nth line of L and x
>     are not coFIS
>
> true?-

True but irrelevant.

Relevant is only this: For every natural number n we have a line that
is identical with d_1, ..., d_n.

You try and try to have a one-sided look onto the infinite.

For every natural number n we have a FIS 1,2,3,...,n, ..., m that is
longer and contains n. And for every FIS 1, 2,3 ,..., m we have a
natural number, for instance 2m, that is not contained in FIS 1,
2,3 ,..., m.

These are not contradictions.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author