Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Michael Stemper

Re: Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

In article <2bf7c594-8e66-4624-94d3-b1e05946811f@9g2000yqy.googlegroups.com>, WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:
>On 20 Feb., 23:27, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is the statement
>>
>> There is no natural number m
>> such that the mth line of L and x
>> are coFIS
>>
>> true?-

>No, the statement is wrong. The true statement is: We cannot find the
>largest number such that the mth line and x are coFIS. Again you
>assume actual infinity for x.
>
>Consider the union of ordered sets in ZF:
>(1, )
>(1, 2, )
>(1, 2, 3, )
>
>Each set has a blank.

You seem to be implicitly using this order relation:
- if p and q are naturals, then pRq iff p<q and qRp iff q<p
- if r is a natural, then rR' ' (in other words any natural comes before
a blank)

Is my understanding correct?

--
Michael F. Stemper