Topic: Does HDL Coder support testbench generation for FFT block in Simulink?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 21, 2013 12:40 PM

Tim McBrayer

Re: Does HDL Coder support testbench generation for FFT block in
Simulink?

On 02/20/13 20:46, fl wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Matlab Simulink "HDL FFT" block. I want to generate testbench for this block. Unfortunately,
> I find that "HDL Coder Generation" submenu, "Test Bench" tab option contents are in

grey. Does that mean
> HDL Coder does not support testbench for "HDL FFT" block?
>
> I can generate testbench for FIR filter. I do not know why it cannot generate testbench for HDL FFT.

Check your settings on the main HDL Code Generation settings page, for the Target. If the
Test Bench is greyed out, you have not chosen a subsystem to generate HDL for, but are
generating HDL for the entire model. If the entire model is the DUT, then there is no part
of the model left to act as a testbench, so the Test Bench settings are disabled.

Regards,
--
Tim McBrayer
MathWorks