Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<2bf7c594-8e66-4624-94d3-b1e05946811f@9g2000yqy.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > True
> >
> > Is the statement
> >
> > There is no natural number m
> > such that the mth line of L and x
> > are coFIS
> >
> > true?-

> No, the statement is wrong. The true statement is: We cannot find the
> largest number such that the mth line and x are coFIS. Again you
> assume actual infinity for x.
>
> Consider the union of ordered sets in ZF:
> (1, )
> (1, 2, )
> (1, 2, 3, )

While I am aware of sets in ZF standardly used to represent 1,2,3, and
so on, and even 0, I am not aware of any set in ZF that represents a
blank. And everything in ZF is a set, so without such a set there cannot
be a blank in ZF.

> Each set has a blank.

Not in ZF. WM goofs as usual!

> Or consider the union of natural numbers in a set B while there
> remains always one number in the intermediate reservoir A.
>
> A B
> --> 1 -->{ }
> --> 2,1 -->{ }
> --> 2 -->1
> --> 3, 2 -->1
> --> 3 -->1, 2
> --> 4, 3 -->1, 2
> --> 4 -->1, 2, 3
> --> n -->1, 2, 3, ..., n-1
> --> n+1, n -->1, 2, 3, ..., n-1
> --> n+1 -->1, 2, 3, ..., n-1, n
>
> One would think that never all naturals can be collected in B, since a
> number n can leave A not before n+1 has arrived.
>
> Of course this shows that ZF with its set of all natural numbers is
> contradicted.

WM's A and B are not sets but sequences of sets, so if WM wants to
consider a limit to any such sequences, he must first define what he
means by such a limit, as there is no universal definition for "the"
limit of a sequence of sets.

> Presumably it is this recognition that raises your
> interest in potential infinity of analysis.

WM's presumptions are again wrong.

> Therefore the set
> 0
> 10
> 110
> 1110
> has a line that is coFIS with 111... (up to every n - and more is not
> feasible).

Only in WMytheology.

Everywhere else a line containing 0 can never be coFIS with a line not
containing 0.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13