Topic: neural network input
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 21, 2013 8:44 PM

Greg Heath

Re: neural network input

"srishti " <srishti.sondele@gmail.com> wrote in message <kg30rq$5i3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> hi everyone,
> I am using Empirical mode decomposition, for feature extraction of an image, I will take first three IMFs, then suppose I want to take statistical features like mean, standard deviation,energy . So can anybody suggest me how to prepare that data for neural network classifier input ?

If you have N samples of I features, the size of the input matrix is

[ I N ] = size(input)

The size of the corresponding target matrix for c classes is

[ c N ] = size(target)

The target columns are columns of the c-dimensional unit matrix eye(c) with the row index of the 1 indicating the class index of the corresponding input vector.

See the classification/pattern-recognition demos using patternnet.

help/doc patternnet
help/doc nndatasets

Hope this helps.

Greg