Topic: hide only top x axis!
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 23, 2013 11:03 AM

Re: hide only top x axis!

On 2/22/2013 10:44 PM, giga wrote:
> I want to hide only top x axis.
> If I use :
> set(gca, 'box', 'off')
> then right y axis will be removed. but I want to keep right y axis.

Don't think there is a way w/ ordinary properties--there isn't the
distinction to separate top/bottom ticks individually; they're lumped

Best I can think of would be to draw ticks manually, unfortunately.
Since plot(), axes() and friends are builtin, you don't have the luxury
of going in and finding where they're drawn and munging on the supplied

Don't have any clue if there's anything in the File Exchange or the
undocumented Matlab site that helps but you probably ought to search
there if this is significant to you.