Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 23 Feb., 22:08, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:

> > > If WM means they are of equal cardinality or biject with each other ,
> > > true, but to establish an isomorphism, as WM is claiming, one must
> > > specify the structure that is being preserved by the bijection, which WM
> > > has NOT done.

> > The mapping is bijective and linear.
>
> I have no idea what WM means by saying that the mapping between the set
> of binary strings and the set of paths of a Complete Infinite Binary
> Tree is "linear". There is certainly no meaning of "linear" in English
> mathematics that is appropriate.

Then use German mathematics. There it is.

f(ax + by) = af(x) + bf(y)

f(string) = path

> > This shows a contradiction
> > - at least in case someone accepts
> > Hessenberg's trick as part of mathematics.

> To which Hessenberg, Karl or Gerard or some other one, does WM refer?

That one who "proved" the uncountability of P(|N), Gerhard that is.

> And to what alleged "tricks"?

To look for a set that cannot exist. And to declare the resultless
looking as a proof.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/7/13