Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 23 Feb., 22:48, Nam Nguyen <namducngu...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> On 23/02/2013 2:38 PM, Virgil wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <f3b2ce4b-c9ec-447f-92b4-47a07a2e2...@5g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> >   WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > In mathematics [...] proofs of existence do
> > not always require that one find an example of the thing claimed to
> > exist.

> So, how would one prove the existence of the infinite set of
> counter examples of Goldbach Conjecture, given that it does not
> "not [...] require that one find an example" of such existences?

It there was a logical necessity of a counter example, this necessity
was the proof. However, I don't see a necessity in this case. So I
have no proof.

But I see a logical necessity, that the sequence of all last digits of
the terms of a sequence like the following

1
1, 2
1, 2, 3

does neither contain more digits neither less digits than there are
terms of the sequence.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/7/13