Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

namducnguyen

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the root

On 23/02/2013 2:58 PM, WM wrote:
> On 23 Feb., 22:48, Nam Nguyen <namducngu...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>> On 23/02/2013 2:38 PM, Virgil wrote:
>>

>>> In article
>>> <f3b2ce4b-c9ec-447f-92b4-47a07a2e2...@5g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
>>> WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

>>> In mathematics [...] proofs of existence do
>>> not always require that one find an example of the thing claimed to
>>> exist.

>> So, how would one prove the existence of the infinite set of
>> counter examples of Goldbach Conjecture, given that it does not
>> "not [...] require that one find an example" of such existences?

> It there was a logical necessity of a counter example, this necessity
> was the proof.

Would you be able to verify what _exactly_ you'd mean by
"logical necessity" of the existence of a counter example
of the Conjecture?

> However, I don't see a necessity in this case. So I
> have no proof.

A lot of people would have no proof of such an existence.
What would make your case logically distinct from their cases?

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
2/7/13
Read Matheology § 222 Back to the roots