Topic: Simulation for the standard deviation
Replies: 27   Last Post: Mar 1, 2013 7:30 AM

Ray Koopman

Re: Simulation for the standard deviation

On Feb 24, 5:08 pm, Cristiano <cristi...@NSgmail.com> wrote:

> I randomly pick 3 numbers in U(0,1) and I get, for example, sd= .1234,
> but we know that the expected sd is .288675. How good .1234 is? Is there
> any way to calculate a p-value which says how good is .1234?

What other information is available about the sample besides its n and
sd? Its mean, range, min, max, ... ?

Date Subject Author
2/20/13
Read Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/21/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Richard Ulrich
2/21/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/21/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Richard Ulrich
2/22/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/22/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Richard Ulrich
2/21/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/22/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/22/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/22/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/23/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/23/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/23/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/24/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/24/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/24/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/25/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/25/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/25/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/25/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
David Jones
2/26/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/26/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
David Jones
2/27/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/27/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/28/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
2/28/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Cristiano
2/28/13
Read Re: Simulation for the standard deviation
Ray Koopman
3/1/13