Topic: A nonconventional ListContourPlot
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 2:19 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: A nonconventional ListContourPlot

x[a_, b_] = a*b;
y[a_, b_] = Cos[a^2 + b];
z[a_, b_] = Sin[a + b^2];

data = Table[
{x[i, j], y[i, j], z[i, j]},
{j, -1, 1, 0.1}, {i, -2, 2, 0.1}] //
Flatten[#, 1] &;

ListContourPlot[data]

ListContourPlot3D[data]

However, both ListContourPlot and ListContourPlot3D are difficult to
interpret for this complicated function. I recommend that you look at
the function with ParametricPlot3D.

Manipulate[
ParametricPlot3D[
Evaluate[