Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<7401efad-ac6a-49b9-9563-2ba7ace7649c@u20g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > And why then do you believe, or at least claim, that something that is
> > > completely in the list must be distributed over more than one line?

> > I don't.  My claim is that something that is completely
> > in the list *may* be distributed over more that one line.

> For the given list this is precisely wrong. I constructed the list
> such that never more than one line is necessary to contain anything
> you can define (in potential infinity). And was not just that what you
> were interested in?

Every line has a successor line which cannot be contained in the line
itself.

> > Anyway, we know the only possible exception has
> > an "unfindable" index.

> On the contrary. That is no exception. That is the last line that
> always exists in potential infinity but cannot be known.

Fortunately in actual infintenesses of lines, of the sort that hppens
outside WMytheology, that does not ever happen.

> > Only those people who care
> > about unfindable natural numbers (a group that
> > includes WM but not me

> No? The numbers of those lines that contain what, according to your
> assertion, cannot be contained in one line, are unknowable too.

Not so until you can name which line.

> Or can
> you name them?

Your mythical "last line" or
last natural" always has a successor in any non-WMytheological world
allowing induction.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13