Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 26 Feb., 00:13, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 11:37 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
>

> > On 25 Feb., 16:11, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > We both agree
>
> > > There does not exist an m
> > > such that the mth line
> > > of L is coFIS with the diagonal
> > > (here we interpret "There does
> > > not exist" to mean "we cannot find").

> Do you now wish to withdraw this statement?

No.

I say

1) *Every* FIS of d is a line and every line is a FIS of d.
2) Therefore d is completely in the lits. In fact, it *is* the list.
3) We know that everything that is in the list, is in one single line
of the list (by construction and by induction).
4) We cannot find the last line and the corresponding last FIS of d.
It does not exists in the sense that we could name it.

> > > Indeed if we throw findable in
> > > we agree about a lot of stuff.

> > > There is no findable largest natural
> > > number.

> > > There is no ball with a findable index
> > > in the vase.

> > And there is no findable set of natural numbers

Here you cut my statement and by that changed it. I said: And there is
no findable set of natural numbers that would require more than one
line.

> Well there is certainly a potentially infinite
> set of findable natural numbers.
> This potentially infinite set contains all the natural numbers
> I need and use.

Every natural number is findable. Therefore you claim that not every
natural number and not every FIS of d is in one single line of the
list, must be wrong. (Because you cannot find any number that is not
in one line of the list together with every other natural number.)

Do you wish to withdraw your statement that not every natural number
is in one line of the list together with every other natural number?

Note: We cannot find a "last number" because by this phrase we do not
fix a number. The last number is just that number that has not yet got
a follower in our thoughts. Yes this property depends on persons,
their thoughts and it can varywith time. That is the feature of
potential infinity.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/7/13